Deep Rooted in the Borderlands
Jenifer is a 3rd generation graduate of Deming High School and is deeply rooted in her community. She greatly appreciates the diversity of her community, the uniqueness of the border culture, and the rugged desert mountains.
Service to Community
Jenifer is an active volunteer at the Luna County Museum, showcasing the great history of her community. She has been a devoted servant, committing her time to assist other candidates. Her campaign experience began in her teen years with door-to-door election work for her grandfather, who served as Luna County Commissioner, and her mother, who served as Luna County Clerk. Jenifer currently assists in the legislative needs of Luna & Hidalgo County while working in the office of Senator Crystal Diamond during legislative sessions.
Career in Healthcare
As a registered nurse, Jenifer has had a long, varied career in healthcare. She uniquely understands the needs healthcare needs of our rural communities. Jenifer graduated with her nursing degree from New Mexico Junior College. Jenifer’s early career included work with Lovelace Medical, University of Kansas Hospital and Gila Regional Medical specializing in providing care for Medically Fragile Children. In recent years she devoted herself to Oncology nursing, administering chemotherapy and helping patients of all ages through their fight with cancer. Since returning to New Mexico her focus has been caring for Covid survivors. Jenifer has the knowledge and experience in healthcare, pharmacology, and methods of medical research that will be of value to her district and the whole State of New Mexico through the legislative process.
Devotion to Family
Jenifer is a proud and devoted mother of seven children, homeschooling all of them in their younger years. She is now blessed with 10 precious grandchildren.
Guided by Faith
An active member of CitiLife Church, Jenifer believes her Christian faith has shaped her perspective on community, service, and government. She will fight for and maintain the rights found within the Constitution of the United States and the State of New Mexico, but most importantly, the rights given by God of “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
Standing for The Second Amendment
Jenifer will fight to protect Second Amendment rights in District 32 and all of New Mexico. With crime on the rise, she knows it is more important than ever for law-abiding citizens to have the means to protect themselves and their loved ones. As a lifetime NRA member, Jenifer is committed to standing strong for our God-given right to keep and bear arms.
A Love for New Mexico
Jenifer is an outdoor enthusiast who enjoys hiking and backpacking in southern New Mexico. Her more memorable treks include hikes to the top of the rugged Florida Mountains overlooking Deming and adventurous hikes across the southern half of the Continental Divide Trail. As a hobby photographer, Jenifer captures the beauty of nature and the scenic views across New Mexico. Jenifer is dedicated to providing the best educational, economic, healthcare, and public safety opportunities for our children so that we can ensure they stay and thrive in the Land of Enchantment.
JOIN TEAM JONES TODAY!
Representative Jenifer Jones' Legislative Priorities
Representative Jones sponsored critical legislation for District 32 in the previous legislative session, including:
1. Establishing a tax credit for rural infrastructure projects, specifically our railways, incentivizing private industry to revitalize our transportation assets for the borderland economy.
2. Expansion of the rural health tax credit which would reduce the number of hours that a practitioner is required to provide.
service in a rural area to be eligible for the rural health care practitioner tax credit.
3. Requiring a personal finance class as a high school graduation requirement.
4. Requiring parental notification when an abortion is to be performed on a minor.
5. Requiring medical care for all infants who survive an abortion.
6. Establishing a standard of care for women and requiring that abortion clinics apply the same standard of care that apply to other surgical clinics.
7. Sponsored the Women’s Healthcare Act, which would require the Department of Health to license, inspect, and regulate abortion clinics.
8. Prohibiting an undocumented person from receiving, transporting, or possessing a firearm or destructive device.
9. A Memorial requesting the General Services Department to consent to the annexation of Fort Bayard Military Reservation by the Village of Santa Clara.
10. A Memorial recognizing the difference between biological males and females and supporting the requirement that schools prohibit biological male participation on female athletic teams.
Get In Touch
Contributions can be mailed to the address listed below. Thank you so much for your support.
Committee to Elect Jenifer Jones
204 Golf Course Rd. SE
Deming, NM 88030